If you’re new or visiting, we’re so glad you’re here. Welcome!
Our Sunday services are pretty simple. We gather to hear God’s word read and articulated to us, pray as a church, and spend time together as brothers and sisters in Christ.
“And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.” – Hebrews 10:24-25
Kids Talk (September 20th): The message of the mission: repent and accept Jesus (Acts 15)
In today’s Kids’ Talk video we saw what happened in the Book of Acts when all the leaders of the church came together to ask an important question. The question was; does a Christian have to be a certain type of person to be a real Christian? The answer is; it’s only by repenting and accepting Jesus as their king that people are made right with God!
1. What did the visitors to the church at Antioch say people needed to do to be real Christians?
2. What had happened to Cornelius to prove he was a real Christian?
3. What does anyone need to do to be a real Christian? Paul went on his journey armed with 2 very special things. What were they?
- Give thanks that God has sent His Holy Spirit so all people can be followers of King Jesus!
- Thank God that we don’t need to be or look a certain way to be a real Christian.
- Pray that we wouldn’t expect other people to look or act a certain way to be accepted as a follower of King Jesus.
The children’s ministry team has mailed out activities as well as family devotions (also available at quizworx.com/homedelivery). Children will be meeting at 10:30 am on Zoom next Sunday to discuss this week’s passage. Please email email@example.com to receive the resources or be invited to the Zoom call.
Bible Passage (September 20th): Hosea 13:12-14:9
Sermon: Spiritual adultery and repentance
This week’s video will be available from 8:30 am Sunday.
- When was the last time you said sorry and what was it for?
- What are your shortcomings and struggles? Ask for God’s help to change.
- What are your roadblocks to following Jesus?
- Home church gatherings have started. Find out more and sign up when you’re ready. If you’re not ready to meet in person, online discussion groups are being arranged. Please contact the pastors to express your interest.
- We’ll be farewelling pastor Min Yaw Law as senior minister on October 4th. Please contact the pastors if you’d like to contribute to his farewell gift or include a message in his farewell video.
- If you’d like to be baptised on October 18th, please contact pastor Will or fill in our connect form. There’ll be an in-person service on that day.
- If you’re feeling new or visiting, we’d love to connect with you. Please let us know that you’ve joined us here, and if there’s any way we can help you.