We believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ as proclaimed in the Holy Bible. We believe it transforms lives, and that its promise of salvation is open to all who would hear it. If you’d like to find out more, please visit us, talk to our pastoral team, or check out Two Ways to Live, a brief presentation on the core of the gospel message embedded below or here.
“Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.” – Hebrews 10:23
What do we expect from God?
When we believe in and accept Jesus Christ as our saviour, we believe the Holy Spirit’s presence will bind us into a relationship with God. It’s our responsibility to work on building this relationship with Him, and to enjoy the assurance of salvation and loving relationship with the Father that comes with it.
What are we here for?
Generally speaking, there are five ways in which we live out the Gospel at church:
- Celebrate God’s presence: by worshipping Him together.
- Form God’s family: by recognising the fellowship we have with each other, and building godly relationships.
- Disciple God’s people: by teaching and encouraging each other.
- Manifest God’s love: by being good stewards of the gifts he has freely given to us.
- Proclaim God’s Word: by reaching out and sharing the Gospel with those in our community and personal spheres.
How do we care for each other?
Our goal is to care and nurture Christians in the church, so that they in turn can care and nurture for others in their lives. By the grace of God, we aim to achieve this through:
- Gospel enquirers and newcomers’ groups: Christianity Explained, New Life in Christ, and Welcoming You to our Church;
- Care Groups: small groups held at our members’ homes where we pray for each other and study the Bible together;
- Discipleship and leaders training groups: some younger Christians regularly gather at church after service to receive further discipleship in their Christian walks. For leaders, we run training seminars on certain topics like the Trinity, the Holy Spirit, evangelism, etc.
How can I relate to the church?
You can expect the church to:
- Care for your spiritual wellbeing;
- Help you to grow into Christlikeness;
- Discover the will of God in your life;
- Develop your spiritual gifts to serve God.
What the church expects of you:
- Uphold the loving relationship and unity of the church;
- Invite and welcome people to the church;
- Receive training and participate in ministries;
- Support the vision and mission of the church.
“He is the one we proclaim, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone fully mature in Christ. To this end I strenuously contend with all the energy Christ so powerfully works in me.” – Colossians 1:28-29